background

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Decorations and a (slightly) Scary Santa

Last weekend we had a couple of family Christmas parties. I am a lousy blogger who forget to take pictures of any food that I made. I did, however, take a couple of some new decorations I have up this year...

I made these wreaths for the bedroom doors. The wreaths themselves were super cheap at Menards... I think the decorations cost more than the actual wreath!

I found these cute ornaments at Walmart and thought they would go perfect with the kitchen holiday design.


This wreath used to be on the front door, but I thought it went better in the kitchen. It's missing an ornament so I added the ribbon this year to hide that spot.

I have been searching for a card holder/tree for years and can't find one I like. Well, that's not exactly true... there's one from Pottery Barn that I love, but I refuse to shell out that much  money. So this is my own little attempt to have a card tree... just some cute garland I found at WalMart and some clips. I was running out of room on the fridge for all the photo cards this year, but I hated to not display all of them... this has solved my problems!

I stayed under budget on gifts this year, but I like to have more than one gift for people to open, which explains why they won't all fit under the tree!  Please forgive the poor photography... I hope to improve my photo skills next year!



And finally we get to this one... Santa comes to the family party every year and each kid gets to sit on his lap, tell him what they want for Christmas, and then they get a present. I was sitting on the floor taking pictures and didn't even realize I took this one until I was editing them today. I'm a little worried... do you think he was trying to tell me something? I kind of feel like I'm in trouble here... I swear, Santa, I've been good!

No comments:

Post a Comment